Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Welcome To VonHypermiler Hypermiling!



I've setup this blog to be a hypermiling directory. You can also use the search bar just above to find information on acetone, driving tips, HHO, and more! Truth is, I've got blogs on lots of subjects that have to do with increasing your gas mileage! It is a temporary site while vonHypermiler.com comes on line.

Hypermilers are great people! Pat yourselves on the back!
1) Hypermiling reduces our need for oil from corrupt foreign governments
2) Hypermiling reduces our impact on the earth and keeps our air cleaner
3) Hypermiling saves you money at the pump (which currently stands at $4/gallon)
4) Hypermiling saves your car's engine and extends vehicle life
5) Hypermiling takes money out of the government's pocket by reduced taxes! (my personal favorite!)

Thanks for helping and supporting the hypermiling movement!

My story - I've always been fascinated by getting something for nothing. That's precisely what hypermiling is all about. Getting to and from work/school/etc without having to pay (or pay very little) for it. My business is almost 45 miles from my house, and I drive a 2008 Ford Ranger with the 2.3L inline 4 engine. Even with this great little truck getting about 26 MPG, I wasn't satisfied with my monthly gas bill: $260. I decided to do something about it, and so can you! At my best, I can get almost 100 miles more out of a tank of gas than I used to (380 vs 480 miles). I also purchased one of the most fuel efficient motorcycles on the market, the 250cc Honda Rebel (which gets about 60 mpg). My fuel bill now, riding the bike half the time, and hypermiling in my truck has my monthly gas bill now at: $150 or I save about $110/month. I'm just getting started with my experiments.

Here is a list of what I've done so far to increase my gas mileage:
Driving Tips and Video To Increase Gas Mileage
Does Adding Acetone to Gas Increase Gas Mileage?

In the works:
Adding Acetone To Your Motorcycle
Build Your Own HHO Kit



No comments: